Saturday, May 3, 2008

Marvel and Wonder... (marvel because Iron Man-get it?)

Today was a GREAT day.  I went to see Iron Man, which was incredible.  It's a great mix of fantasy and the real world.  Lots of comic book-ish hero movies get too  caught up in trying to create a believable parallel universe where their fantasy really exists, that they spend more of the movie trying to convince you than just letting it happen.  For example, Jumper.  Great movie, but they spend too much time stressing how the "blahblahblah's" (can't remember what they're called) have been hunting jumpers since medieval times... whereas, even if it's not realistic, if they just develop the characters in front of you (such as with Batman and Iron Man and Spiderman), it's a lot more engaging.  So that's my two cents about that.  I loved Iron Man.  It goes down with the best of the Comic Book hero movies to me.

In other news, God is really doing a new thing in my life.  I've been just moved by awe lately.  I've been realizing more and more how thankful I am for all the beautiful things in my life.  Marriage really forces you to truly see and evaluate yourself more than ever before.  You see yourself through someone else's eyes... and they see the you that you can't hide.  For me, I've always taken pride in being a stable and steadfast individual.   Steadfast, I am.  Stable... uhhh.... I've been really forced to evaluate the rollercoaster of my emotions.  But it makes you better... or at least it's made me better.  I've learned more how to recognize it when I'm being that way.  That's what makes all the difference in the world.  When you begin to recognize a character trait like that, it's easier to see things for what they really are, and control your reaction.  So I'm getting back to being the peaceful person.  I'm getting back to being who I started out to be.  And realizing all my flaws makes me thankful.  First thankful that Jesus knew every flaw I ever would have, every mistake I would ever make, and still chose to love me.  Thankful for a husband that sees me, the real me.  Beyond the people pleasing side, and the me that will be nice to everyone.  The me that is flawed.  The me that needs to be encouraged.  It's amazing.  I thank God for people who loved me and have stuck with me.  I'm thankful for a roof over my head, food to eat, money to buy the things we need.  God is good... and I'm starting to see and appreciate His goodness at an all new level.

No comments:

Post a Comment